Saturday, June 23, 2007

FTX-Training Exercise

I know it has been almost two weeks since I posted and for that I should be grounded or something. But here we are on a nice, sunny Saturday at Ft. Jackson, still recovering from a three day trip to the field. Actually I'm feeling pretty good despite the lack of showers, the thick brush, and the stinkin' humidity. Plus, there is never any wind in this area! I can't believe that I actually wish for some good ole' Oklahoma wind to come through and make the sweat feel good. Here in SC you hope for a 5 mile per hour breeze to come by...and it doesn't come by that often. But the FTX was a great time and here are some photos from our time there.

Here is one of the few meals that wasn't an MRE. It either tasted really good or I was just really hungry.
This is one of the chaplains in our cadre performing a field service. This was an amazing time of worship. We took communion at the end of the service. I agreed with Chaplain Ken when he said "I don't think communion has ever meant so much." It was awesome to participate in this ordinance in such a beautiful and meaningful place.

This is a picture of our camp site. The tent on the left is 4th Platoon's (Chaplain Ken's and my tent). The one on the right is the overflow tent since for the soldiers who couldn't fit into their platoon's tent. This is Chaplain Kay and I during one of our "hurry up and wait" times.
Here is Chaplain Ken dispensing water for his canteen at a "water buffalo". This is me trying steal a few winks on my luxurious cot. I think I could have slept on a bed of nails if need be.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were verbose! That Ken fellow takes the cake! (Just kidding Bro.) Of course, you are probably busy cleaning and organizing things whereas the Ken fellow probably doesn't care about that sort of thing as much.

I love you!
Dacia

Anonymous said...

When are you going to post something else? It's not like you are busy or anything! ;)