Sunday, June 10, 2007

Where did I go?

To quote a Bugs Bunny cartoon from yesteryear, "I've been a bad, bad boy." I'm finally posting for the first time in almost a week. But what a week it has been! Since our schedule has been so full, we have actually been awake for most of this week! We have covered so much ground from showing up in civilian clothes to rappelling down a 40 foot tower in uniform! It has also been a week of a thousand HOOAH's as we respond to our cadre and each other when necessary. To begin to feel like a soldier is the culmination of a lot work and waiting that has, at times, been agonizing and tedious. But here I am in hot South Carolina marching, saluting, and drinking from a green canteen and all I can think of is "Praise God from whom all blessings flow!"

I'm heading to a chapel service for now. I'll try to post again later today.

Love you all back home. Talk to you soon.

2LT David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I enjoyed every word of your blog! and certainly every picture. I really like the beret. Wouldn't want you to be paranoid. Not that I would know what that would be like.

Love you so much

Mom